What are the characteristics of mature skin and how to take care of it
Beautiful, glowing skin is an indicator of health and attention to yourself. At the same time, the skin is the largest organ of the human body, whose health is visible to the naked eye. That’s why it’s so important to remember the best facial regimen for mature skin. The most important step in skin care is understanding your skin's needs and features. To understand its peculiarities, you should determine its type first.
Each person's skin is unique, but there are several common types.
There are four: oily, dry, combined, and normal.
Initially, the type of skin is determined by genetics. Still, it is impossible to exclude the influence of external factors, so care should be chosen, taking into account various nuances (condition, age, stress level, lifestyle, climate).
But with age, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity. It happens due to slower exchange and regeneration processes, so recovery is slower and more complex.
Facial care for mature skin
Skin type largely determines the characteristic features of age-related changes. The skin becomes dryer, and unfortunately, dry skin is more prone to the appearance of wrinkles. Aging skin becomes fragile, depressions and cracks appear. With time, such derm can no longer smooth itself due to decreasing secretion of an already small amount of sebum. In the skincare routine, you should pay attention to the proper nutrition and moisturizing that must include antioxidants. We recommend picking out products with hyaluronic acid and vitamins A, E, and C.
Mature skin facial treatment includes:
- Depending on the skin type, peeling or deep cleaning should be done with nutrient masks or gel-based creams that can help soothe it.
- Avoid gels that make facial skin dryer.
- Carry out massage procedures only with special cosmetics, avoiding stretching or skin damage.
- Review diets based on healthy nutrition recommendations.
- Do not neglect full rest and normal sleep.
- After washing, additionally cleanse and tone the face with cosmetics for fading skin, which soothes and restores the natural water balance of the epidermis.
- Use natural oils and vitamins, adding them to the night cream.
- Use anti-aging serums according to the instructions and recommendations of the cosmetologist, necessarily maintaining the effective daily moisturizing creams.
- Eyelid skin is very delicate, so use creams and gels that are gentle on the skin to help it look better and stay healthy as time goes on.
- At any time of the year, in the choice of day cream, you should give preference to those containing SPF filters.
When daily routine care is not enough, it is time to think about beauty gadgets. Many women prefer to take care of their skin in the comfort of their own homes. It does not imply that you must waste time and money at beauty salons because the Lumia has a device for every lady! Without the use of beauty injections, it is possible to improve the appearance of your face. You have to choose the best anti-aging device for mature skin from Lumia. Remember to use the best home device for wrinkles with sculpting and lymphatic drainage effects regularly and properly, as stated in the device’s manual.