What does stress do to your skin?
It is hard to find someone who hasn’t been under stress recently. Stress affects your overall health. We may not even see it, but we feel what stress does to our faces. Together with the experts of The Lumia, we will understand what stress is, how stress influences your skin, and how to mitigate its harmful effects with face massage and beauty gadgets.
How does stress impact the skin?
First, let’s try to figure out what stress really is. Stress is a set of body responses to non-standard factors from the outside. When something goes wrong, we secrete certain hormones that increase the pressure and the heartbeat. Stress is good in small amounts, but it uses up the body's resources when it accumulates.
Stress influences both the skin and the nervous system. The nervous system sends alarm signals to the skin cells, making their chemicals deal with it. Against this background, the protective barrier does not cope with its tasks, leading to skin problems.
What we observe
- Skin becomes more sensitive, reacting negatively to even minor stimuli.
- Stress stimulates dryness and dehydration of the skin as trans-epidermal moisture loss increases by 30%.
- The condition of the blood vessels gets worse, and they become more fragile. As a result, rosacea and couperosis aggravate, and red spots start to show up.
- Microbes get into the deep layers of the skin. It can make acne worse or cause severe inflammation.
- The skin tone is getting dull.
- Hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin production in the skin are slowed down by stress, leading to wrinkles and a loss of skin density and firmness.
- Free radicals quickly kill skin cells, hastening the aging process.
Fortunately, the effects of stress on the skin are well understood. Scientists have done a lot of research and experiments and found that its effects can be undone.
Skin tips for recovering after stress
- You should look for skin care products that are made to restore and support the barrier function.
- Create a beauty ritual. A few minutes in a relaxing environment with soothing music will distribute care over facial massage lines.
- The most effective way to get stress under control is to change the assessment of the situation so that it is not perceived as stressful. Another helpful feature of human consciousness is the ability to divert attention.
- Practice gentle facial procedures.
Loss of elasticity can be fixed with the help of devices with cutting-edge technologies that can be used at home. We are talking about Radio Frequency technology, Medical LED technology, and far-infrared technology working together. They will help fight the effects of stress.
We recommend reading more information about our beauty gadgets on our website.